Get Ready for SCWA! September 15-17, 2022
We invite you to participate in this important fundraising event that raises critical funding for our Sonoma County community, providing a powerful and far-reaching impact.
Whether you have participated in SCWA every year or you’re thinking about getting involved for the first time, we have some helpful tips to assist you in creating successful auction lots.
We are incredibly grateful to our vintners and hospitality partners and look forward to making this year’s auction a great success! Help us get the word out about SCWA and the good it does for Sonoma County – we’ve put together some social media and marketing assets to make it easy to incorporate these messages into your communications.
What is SCWA and Why Get Involved?
Our Sonoma County community has faced incredible challenges these last few years and the need for assistance is greater than ever. Sonoma County Wine Auction (#SCWA) brings together the generosity of you, our wonderful wine community, and guest bidders to invest in our community. Proceeds from this annual event support the Sonoma County Vintners Foundation (SCVF) and community grants programing. In the past five years grants have been distributed to over 400 local organizations dedicated to education & literacy, health & human services, the environment, and arts & culture. The auction has been named one of the nation’s top charitable wine auctions by Wine Spectator.
Many of our auction guests have deep roots in Sonoma County. They may live or have a home here, or are somehow else deeply involved in the wine community. Many are wine collectors. Because they are typically already very familiar with Sonoma County they are seeking experiences outside of the county or once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
How Does the Auction Work?
SCWA features both ONLINE and LIVE auction lots. What’s the difference?
- Featured on the SCWA website with an extended online bidding window
- Targeted to be local experiences
- Donors who purchase these lots may not attend themselves but instead gift the experience
- $2,500+ value goal
- Online lots are not featured at the live event but are promoted in pre-event email and social media campaigns
- Promoted on the SCWA website but can only receive bids during the LIVE auction
- Targeted to be ultra exclusive, unique experiences (travel, culinary, wine collections, sports experiences)
- These lots are sold exclusively at the live auction
- $10,000+ value goal
- Vintners who have live lots are invited to attend BEST.PARTY.EVER. to meet and engage with attendees to pre-sell their lot
Create Auction Lots That Think Outside the Box
When developing auction lot ideas, following are a few suggestions to help you think outside the box:
- If you are hosting a dinner or an event somewhere domestically this next year, are there opportunities to create an auction lot in those regions?
- What unique opportunities do you have on your property that can be highlighted? Perhaps you have an expansive garden or a culinary team who could prepare a true farm-to-table hands on cooking experience?
- Do you have partnership opportunities? Talk to other vintners, vendors, chefs, and hospitality partners to collaborate!
It’s not necessary to have every detail planned. If you’re creating a multi-day experience, you do not need to create every moment. For example, it’s not necessary to include travel (car or airfare) with your auction lot.
We’re here to help!
We are more than happy to help brainstorm an auction lot with you or connect you to others for a potential partnership. Contact our Auction Programs Manager for more details.