SONOMA COUNTY WINES OF ELEVATION – BEST COLLECTION EVER! “G.O.A.T.”
Aperture Cellars, Arista Winery, B. Wise Vineyards, Fisher Vineyards, Kamen Wines, Laurel Glen Vineyard, Martinelli Winery, Mauritson Wines, Pride Mountain Vineyards, Rodney Strong Vineyards, Williams Selyem
Elevate your collection! The acronym G.O.A.T. – Greatest Of All Time – is used often in sports when referring to a select few athletes who excel beyond compare, the “sport” in this case is world-class mountain wines from Sonoma County – and excel it does!
Win this stunning 126 bottle collection of curated, one-of-a-kind wines produced by eleven mountain wineries and wines that have been sourced from notable mountain vineyards (typically above 1,200 feet) within Sonoma County. These small-lot producers have shared critically acclaimed wines that in many cases are unavailable to the public and exhibit flavor intensity and notable cellar aging.
Enjoy top-tier hospitality! Each one of these incredible wineries has included a tour and tasting for you and your guests. Explore the newest architectural marvels in the county, the amazing hospitality of five generations, the historic treasures and more.
Hospitality experiences to be scheduled on mutually agreed upon dates.
Aperture Cellars champions a range of expressive Bordeaux style wines from Sonoma County’s premier cool-climate Bordeaux varietal vineyard sites at the talented hands of founder winemaker Jesse Katz.
- Tasting for up to six guests at the new Aperture Estate hospitality venue.
The beautiful winery established by the McWilliams family, located on the famed Westside Road in the heart of the Russian River, sources impeccable Pinot Noir fruit from U.V. Lucky Well Vineyard at high elevation in the Sonoma Coast.
- Private tour and tasting on their estate hosted by Proprietor Mark McWilliams for up to six people.
B. WISE VINEYARDS
Wise Vineyards is a 300-acre wine estate nestled in the eastern hills above the Sonoma Valley and was founded by Brion Wise in 2002 with a vision to produce top quality wines without compromise. Noted for it’s rugged steep slopes and red soils, low-yielding vines produce structured, complex wines with distinct tension and minerality. Their mission is to foster the collective passion for wine while providing quality, value and selection with the aim of enhancing people’s lives.
- VIP Private Tasting for up to four people at the B. Wise Vineyards Cave & Estate, by appointment only.
The Fisher family has been dedicated to farming and producing exceptional wines at their winery site nestled on the untamed western slopes of the Mayacamas Mountains for five decades.
- Fisher Vineyards VIP Tour and Tasting at their mountain estate for up to six people.
Starting with the first release in 1999, Robert Kamen’s 280 acre property provides true mountain-grown wines worthy of any collector’s cellar along with breathtaking views of the San Francisco Bay.
- Will include a stunning vineyard SkyDeck experience for up to six people.
LAUREL GLEN VINEYARD
Laurel Glen Vineyard, a thousand feet up the slopes of Sonoma Mountain, has long been considered one of the iconic Cabernet vineyards of California. The wines are truly distinctive: complex, long-lived and beautifully balanced. Only the most complex lots from each harvest become their flagship Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. Each year, they select the six or seven most rugged and rustic barrels to become The Lot Series, a wine created as an homage to the Laurel Glen Cabernet vintages of the late 1980’s and early 1990’s.
- Tasting and picnic lunch in the vineyard for four guests with vintner Bettina Sichel or a fun, informative virtual tasting hosted by Bettina for up to three households (includes three shipments of two bottles each to three separate addresses).
Spanning across five generations and more than 135 years the Martinelli family estate vineyards depict relentless pursuit of quality in their wines from each of their wine growing sites. The winning bidder will receive a combination of rare library wines only available to the top members on the Martinelli Winery allocation list.
- Experience a private vineyard tour at the winery for four guests. The tour will be followed by a seated, estate tasting with a picnic lunch. Date to be agreed upon between winning bidder and Martinelli Winery, no expiration date.
Six generations and 150 years later, the Mauritson family has earned a reputation for outstanding wines, featuring the dramatic Rockpile AVA and led by Sonoma County Vintners Foundation President, Clay Mauritson.
- A tasting for up to six people at Rockpile Ridge Vineyard (weather permitting) or a tasting in their Wine Library.
PRIDE MOUNTAIN VINEYARDS
Founded in 1990 by Jim and Carolyn Pride, and located atop the Mayacamas Mountains at 2,100 feet elevation, the breathtaking setting and rugged soils produce wines of layered complexity and earnest longevity in the cellar. This rare collection includes a case of twelve Reserve and Vintner Select 750ml bottles of award-winning Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, only available to the winery’s reserve mailing list.
- Included from their family winery is a VIP tour and tasting for four people with breathtaking views overlooking Sonoma and Napa Valleys.
RODNEY STRONG VINEYARDS
Rodney Strong Vineyards has roots that stretch back more than 100 years – a true pioneer in Sonoma County, Rodney Strong led the way for the future of Sonoma County winemaking. Today, led by the Klein family since 1989, Rodney Strong Vineyards is a family of passionate people committed to crafting premium wines, meaningful experiences and sustainable leadership in Sonoma County. Established in 1994, Rockaway Vineyard rises up to an elevation of 750 feet, with soils comprised of gravelly clay subsoil over fractured sandstone. This well-drained, low pH earth encourages small-berried clusters, ideal for making a bold, concentrated Cabernet Sauvignon.
- VIP Tasting for up to six guests with artisan cheese and charcuterie pairing.
The stellar wines of William Selyem exhibit true handcrafted character and are very limited, as exemplified by this selection from the high-elevation Precious Mountain Vineyard, a Monopole vineyard, and a hallmark wine in any dedicated cellar collection.
- Private tour and tasting for up to four people at the Estate in Healdsburg, with immediate access to the Williams Selyem mailing list.
Sonoma County Vintners Foundation
Named one of the top charitable wine auctions by Wine Spectator, the Sonoma County Wine Auction brings wine superstars, local celebrity chefs and honored guests together to invest in our community. Read more >
Enter your email below to learn more about the Sonoma County Wine Auction